CIAA funded Transportation Services are available for Seniors 60 and older in who have no other means of transportation in Marshall, Peoria, Stark, Tazewell, and Woodford Counties. Transportation services to and from community facilities and resources for the purpose to reduce isolation and to promote successful independent living. Individuals are interviewed and assessed to determine that this is the transportation of last resort. Due to limited funding a list of priority trips has been established. The types of trips are listed below in priority order, with the highest priority shown first:
Adult Day Care, Social Security and Public Aid Offices
Visitation to hospitals, long term care facilities, and other similar institutions
Socialization activities including congregate nutrition sites and restaurants
Beauty and Barber shops
A minimum of 24 hours advance notice is needed to schedule an appointment. There is no charge for services, but voluntary donations are accepted.
Our Transportation Service Offers:
Courteous, helpful and friendly drivers as well as these vehicle features:
Easy Access with left and right hand grab rails at the entrance door
Wheelchair lift for our friends with mobility issues
Slip-resistant rubber flooring center aisle and steps
Comfortable High Back Vinyl Seats
AM/FM/CD Stereo with Four Speakers
3 TV Screens for pleasurable DVD viewing
Large tinted windows
Interior Dome and Entrance Door Lights
We can accommodate 20 passengers with no wheelchairs,
18 passengers and 1 wheelchair, or 16 passengers with 2 wheelchairs!
This service is available any day of the week, including evenings and weekends.
Trips to other special locations and events are also available - give us a call!
Conduct of Passengers
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience while riding with us, please respect the following rules:
· Refrain from smoking either conventional or electronic cigarettes.
· Refrain from eating and drinking items which make the environment unpleasant for other customers or otherwise cause offence.
· Refrain from consuming alcohol
· Refrain from playing loud music or operating a personal device at a volume which may be heard by other passengers.
· Refrain from leaving rubbish or discarded items on the bus.
· Follow the instructions of our staff for the safety and comfort of others, including not standing adjacent to emergency exits, the vehicle entrance, or next to the driver. Notify the driver immediately if you sustain an injury whilst boarding, traveling on or getting off a bus.
· Except in an emergency, not talk to the driver while the bus is moving, obstruct the driver’s vision or otherwise distract him.
· Possession of weapons on the vehicle is NOT allowed under any circumstances.
· Refrain from deliberately damage or deface any part of the vehicle
While we will do everything we reasonably can to control the conduct of other customers, we cannot be held responsible for their conduct. If the above rules are not followed, we reserve the right to refuse you entry, or may require you to leave our bus or premises at any time.
Here’s what our clients are saying:
“The cheerful driver made the trip really enjoyable for our trip to the Par-A-Dice Buffet.” - Parkview Estates
“Thank you for providing transportation for our seniors to Dixon Fisheries. The seniors had a blast at the fishing event.” - Northwoods Community Church
“We enjoyed riding in your newly modeled van which accommodated our residents and supplies very comfortably for our trip to Camp Big Sky in Farmington.” - Heartland Apartments
“Without the possibility of transportation provided by CIAA, we would have had to drive separately or not have gone at all.” - Long Term Care Ombudsman Volunteer Program, Center for Prevention of Abuse
“The group trip to Shoppes at Grand Prairie went very well. Our bus driver was very patient with the teens. We’re looking forward to utilizing your transportation services again!” - Relatives as Parents Program